Friday, September 15, 2006

Free Music: Tim Crowley

Yeah, I know you've never heard of him, but I went to a concert of Crowley's compositions several years ago at Cameron University in Lawton, Oklahoma, and I enjoyed it. The first half of the show was Crowley's computer music, followed by a choral piece.

I remember that the music dean praised Crowley's compositions and the dean's stunningly beautiful daughter was one of the singers. Despite this supportive creative atmosphere, the young composer left Cameron (where he was an assistant professor) and went to Fort Hays State University in Kansas (where he is a full professor.)

Crowley's personal web page with downloadable Windows Media and Real Player files of his music is available here
.

The files don't have a lot of tags and I had to add "Tim Crowley" as the artist tag to my copy of "Canonic Dances" to get it show up on my MP3 player.

No comments: