Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Notes on the links

I've been adding quite a few links to the site lately, and I thought it would be helpful to explain some of the new ones.

Sequenza21 is an essential blog/web site on new music, written by divers hands. Steve Layton is a Seattle composer and a frequent contributor to Sequenza21 and other blogs. His well-designed personal site contains a large amount of free, downloadable music and has links to many other modern classical sites. New Music reBlog is a kind of news service which frequently reposts items from other modern classical blogs. It's done by Jeff Harrington, who is also a composer. I was surprised to see who it was, because I already had one of his pieces on my MP3 player. One of the tracks on Steve Layton's album on eMusic, "Different Light, Same Window," is a Harrington piece called "DeltaBandResonator."

No comments: