Saturday, December 15, 2007

Live music from Cleveland released



Live performances of two Cleveland composers recently have become available. Amazon has begun carrying the newly-released CD "CityMusic Cleveland LIVE." It includes Margaret Brouwer's excellent new violin concerto. (It also has Stravinsky's "Danses Concertantes" and Mozart's 39th symphony.) It's just $10. Meanwhile, Jeffrey Quick has posted a performance by the Cleveland Chamber Collective of his String Quartet No. 1 in A. If you want to get enough of his other work to be able to burn a CD or put together an iPod playlist, look here. I like the Divertimento in C, which my wife calls "the frolicking bunny music." I'm hoping this nickname will catch on, as I like the idea of seeing CD covers that say QUICK: Divertimento in C ("Frolicking Bunny") and liner notes that solemnly note the nickname was not bestowed by the composer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO! You do know that I RAISE bunnies, don't you? And EAT them?

But "frolicking bunnies" is fie by me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing.
Yazılı Soruları